TH TEFL Certificate Course
- Total Number of Course Hours: 140 hours including 6 hours observed teaching practice (an additional 20 hours compared to most TEFL courses, meaning more time with your trainers)
- Developed and Delivered by TH CELTA trainers, based on graduate feedback from over 10 years of teacher training experience and over 7000 CELTA graduates.
- The same employment outcomes as the CELTA in all the major employment destinations, accepted by employers worldwide.
- Teach Abroad Guarantee
- A combination of input on methodology via workshops, demos and collaborative sessions and teaching practice sessions, where you practice your skills, teaching real students in live and authentic teaching situations.
- Small groups of up to 8 per teacher trainer
- The same Teaching House Quality from the USA’s largest CELTA training provider, delivered by highly experienced teachers and trainers
- Each course is moderated and standardized by Teaching House Worldwide to ensure reliable results for recruiters internationally
- Lifetime Alumni Career Support
- Teaching House Golden Ticket: Priority Access to key recruiters in China, Hong Kong and Indonesia
- Grammar Overview: includes overview of common English grammar points to give you confidence in this area before your first job
How is the TH TEFL different to the CELTA?
The CELTA is a Cambridge Assessment English certification delivered by Teaching House, the TH TEFL is a Teaching House certificate, designed and developed by Teaching House in-house.
TH TEFL is a CELTA-equivalent certificate, with the same number of practical teaching hours, and slightly more contact hours overall, developed in-house by Teaching House trainers. Fewer written assignments, redesigned to be a more enjoyable course experience. Designed to meet the needs of trainee teachers:in response to years of feedback, we’ve learned that you are interested in:
- Finishing with grades that employers can understand
- Developing more personal grammar understanding during the course
- Connecting the workplace to the course with a Teach Abroad guarantee for graduates
- A CELTA-standard course at a more accessible price point
- The same level of classroom readiness and employment opportunities
- Enhanced access to course trainers
- A timetable with more consideration to making the workload manageable
- 18 years+
- Completed secondary education
High level of English proficiency (CEFR B2 or above). Click here for a breakdown of language levels.
- Successful completion of application task and acceptance following an interview
What is the Teach Abroad Guarantee?
If you are unable to find employment within 6 months of obtaining the TH TEFL, you will be eligible for a refund of course fees, minus the course enrollment fee.
In order to qualify for this guarantee, you will need to:
- Attend a minimum of two individual TH alumni jobs counseling sessions with TH counselors
- Provide evidence of a minimum of 10 job applications, of which at least two must be from your home country and two from countries recommended in your counseling sessions
- Provide rejection letters with contact information for the schools or organizations to which you applied for verification
Note: the reason for rejection cannot be based on legal work restrictions like visa requirements, citizenship requirements, or native language level requirements.
What is the Teaching House Golden Ticket?
Teaching House has agreements with quality recruiters to popular destination such as China, Hong Kong and Indonesia that guarantee to employ TH TEFL graduates that meet the work visa conditions in those countries.
TH TEFL graduates are also VIP applicants for teaching jobs any of our 16 OHC English locations worldwide across North America, the UK, Ireland and Australia.
A TH TEFL qualification will not only prepare you to teach effectively, but also give you priority access to international job recruiters.
Who are my trainers?
Teaching House trainers are all experienced teacher trainers with a minimum of five years varied ELT experience in a wide range of contexts.
All have completed either Masters level or Delta qualifications and are active members of the global TEFL community. Many of our trainers have spent significant time teaching and training abroad. You can read about us and our trainer stories here
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is continuous, meaning each level you teach and task you complete counts towards your overall teaching ability. By the end of the course you will be able to plan and deliver engaging communicative lessons in a variety of contexts. There is no final exam on the course, your trainers and the moderation team will assess your portfolio of work in its entirety.
How can I prepare for this course?
The course is designed for people with little or no teaching experience, we don’t expect you to be a linguistics expert or a grammar “nerd” before you start the course (although you may turn into one afterwards!). We aim to lay a solid foundation for you to develop in the classroom, through a cycle of reflection and adjustment, from lesson to lesson.
Can I do it online?
We believe that there is no match for face to face learning with real students to practice on and currently only offer a four week face to face intensive option. However we are developing a blended course option that will be available in 2020.
What are my payment options?
To secure your place on the course date of your choice (numbers are limited to ensure the best course experience) you need to pay a $200 enrollment fee, with the course fee due 5 weeks prior to the start date.
What is the cost?
The total cost of the course is $2100 USD, comprising of $1900 course fee and $200 enrolment fee. There are no additional material fees or charges.