CELTA Course - Online
As we face the global outbreak of Coronavirus Covid-19, we strengthen our commitment to the health and safety of every member of our international community. We want to reassure all of you that we are being vigilant and monitoring the situation as the international organization we are. In response to overwhelming interest, we are running the CELTA course completely online in a 100% online delivery format.
What is the Cambridge CELTA Online Course?
The Cambridge CELTA Course Online (or CELTA Online) is a flexible way to take CELTA. It leads to the same CELTA qualification and is assessed and moderated according to the same criteria.
Like the face-to-face CELTA course, CELTA Online will be 120+ hours of training. You will complete 6 hours of assessed teaching practice in groups in an online environment, from the comfort of your home!
What are the benefits of CELTA Online?
Accessible: Because the course is a 100% online, there will be no accommodation or travel costs! Thus reducing your overall expenses.
Cambridge Assessment English has approved and is working to support centres to deliver all aspects of the course electronically/online.
Our Trainers are all trained to teach online.
CELTA Online leads to exactly the same certificate as the face-to-face CELTA.
Why do the CELTA?
You’re going to embark on a journey into a new career and whether you go on to teach for 9 months or 9 years, you’ll enjoy the experience so much more if you know what you’re doing.
This is exactly what the CELTA will do for you; it will give you the confidence, experience and know-how to teach good, effective lessons, which means both you and your students will enjoy them.
In this regard, the CELTA course stands out head and shoulders above other TESOL courses:
- The CELTA is strictly regulated by Cambridge University, who ensures the course tutors, the curriculum and the center adhere to its high quality standards. You can trust the quality of any Cambridge University CELTA course.
- CELTA teacher trainers are the best in the field of TESOL: they have years of teaching experience and have trained extensively to become a CELTA teacher trainer. Cambridge University prides itself on the quality of their approved trainers.
- On the CELTA course, no trainer is responsible for more than 6 trainees at any time. Therefore you always receive the individual attention and detailed feedback you need to learn and progress quickly as a teacher.
- Due to the value given to Cambridge University within the TESOL industry, and the role CELTA has had in training teachers for over four decades, no other course is as highly respected as the CELTA program nor will open as many teaching opportunities.
As you research online and learn about the exciting opportunities that await you, you’re probably feeling a little nervous. You’re ready to go out in the world and teach, but you’re not quite sure what to expect. Maybe you’re questioning if you have what it takes to do your job well.
Let us put your mind at ease. Here is what the CELTA course will do for you:
- Provide you with the ability to take on teaching challenges with confidence
- Train you with the skills and knowledge of TESOL fundamentals
- Give you the hands-on experience of working with real language learners so you leave the course with teaching experience not just TESOL theory.
- Help you find the best employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits
When you finish your CELTA course, you won’t just have a prestigious certificate to show for it (though you most definitely will have a prestigious certificate). You’ll have the confidence and the experience to handle any classroom situation and you’ll have the tools to continue developing your skills. Whether you go on to teach business professionals, undergrads, adults or children, you will earn the respect of your students through your abilities as a teacher.
And the most rewarding part of the CELTA course is knowing that all the hard work you put into the most respected and rigorous TESOL course in the world has resulted in smiling students who are motivated and inspired to work hard in your lessons, in positive feedback from your school director and having the confidence to walk into any classroom in any country and teach a great lesson.
What is the cost?
CELTA 2021 Course Fees:
The Cambridge CELTA cost is $2,645USD or £1250 GBP and is due five weeks before the course starts. We do offer payment plans for those interested.
The cost is the same for the full-time, part-time or semi-intensive CELTA course.
This cost includes a $200 enrollment deposit that will secure your place on the course of your choice. Your remaining course fee of $2,595 is paid 5 weeks before your course begins. All courses include US domestic shipping for your certificate once it arrives from Cambridge University. International shipping requirements may incur a postage supplement. NYC courses carry a $100 non-refundable registration fee in lieu of the enrollment deposit, this fee is part of the total course fee, it is not additional.
CELTA 2022 Course Fees:
In 2022 the CELTA course fees are increased slightly to $2,695USD.
CELTA candidates are required to pay a non-refundable $200 enrollment fee. This deposit is paid after the CELTA candidate has completed the application process, interviewed with one of our teacher trainers, and has been accepted onto the course. Once payment of the enrollment fee has been made, we confirm a place on the course of your choice (a course must have availability for us to confirm a place). NY candidates must pay a state-mandated $100 non-refundable registration fee in lieu of the enrollment deposit.
No application fee:
There is no fee to apply for the Teaching House CELTA, and applicants are in no way committed to taking the course after submitting an application. Because places are limited on our CELTA courses (the maximum ratio of trainees to teacher trainers is 6:1), it is advisable to apply for a place as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Books and materials:
CELTA Trainees can choose to buy a methodology book and grammar book, but these are not required (information on these books will be provided during the application process). This is completely optional, and we have copies of these books available at all of our centers.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us here. We are here to help.
Upcoming Course Dates - CELTA Online
Online Course Times
In order to best serve our community we have scheduled our online classes across three major time zones. These classes run across three time zones to serve:
- The East Coast USA/Canada: Eastern Standard Time
- The West Coast USA/Canada: Pacific Standard Time
- The United Kingdom and Europe: GMT + 0
2021 CELTA Course Dates:
Full Time CELTA Course - Online
- October 25 - November 19, 2021 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- November 22 - December 17th, 2021 | UK
- November 22 - Dec 21, 2021 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA
Part Time CELTA Course - Online
- October 1 - December 9, 2021 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
2022 CELTA Course Dates:
Full Time CELTA Course - Online
- January 10th - February 4th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- February 7th - March 4th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- March 21st - April 15th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- April 18th - May 13th 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- May 23rd - June 17th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- June 20th - July 15th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
Part Time CELTA Course - Online
- January 7th - March 17th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- March 18th - May 26th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
- June 3rd - August 11th, 2022 | East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK
What platform will the online CELTA be using and what are the system requirements? "
The course will be conducted using a combination of Zoom and a online learning platform. Zoom is a free program that can be downloaded to your computer and works with most operating systems. The following provides a summary of the basic requirements. Visit Zoom for more information and to set up an account.
An internet connection:
Broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down). Check your Internet bandwidth using Speedtest here (Links to an external site.).
A microphone – built-in to your computer or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth. Built-in headset jack from laptop or desktop. Even if your laptop or desktop has speakers, you must plug in a headset so that the sound from the speakers does not cause an echo in the Zoom meeting. Any headset with a 3.5mm plug will plug in. Higher Quality USB Microphone is recommended
A webcam - one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
Supported Operating Systems:
Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later, Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista with SP1 or later, Windows XP with SP3 or later
Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+, Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome, Linux: Firefox, Chrome
What is the schedule for the full time 4 week online CELTA course?
The following provides an expected schedule for the 100% online 4 week CELTA program. Subject to change.
What is the schedule for the part time 10 week online CELTA course?