CELTA Course Online
The Cambridge CELTA Online Course at a glance
At Teaching House, we understand that for plenty of students attending in-person classes isn’t always accessible, which is why we offer the Cambridge CELTA Course Online (or CELTA Online). For students looking for flexible alternatives to TEFL certification, the CELTA online course offers the same exceptional level of world-class education. It also leads to the same CELTA qualification and is assessed and moderated according to the same criteria.
Like our face-to-face CELTA course, the CELTA Online course requires students to undertake 120+ hours of training. This includes assessments and 6 hours of teaching practice in groups in an online learning environment. You’ll have access to experienced English teaching staff, and the course can all be completed from the comfort of your own home.
A flexible & safe approach to learning
At Teaching House, we are committed to providing world-class flexible and safe learning alternatives to our face-to-face locations. We are constantly evolving and innovating our educational offering in order to provide flexible and safe arrangements for our students across the world.
As we continue to deal with the effects of COVID-19, we have strengthened our commitment to the health and safety of every member of our international community. We want to reassure you that we are vigilant and monitoring the situation as an international organisation. In response to overwhelming interest, we have introduced the CELTA course completely online in a distanced delivery format.
Choosing the CELTA certificate online course
When deciding to enrol in the CELTA online course, you’ll receive a whole host of benefits that come along with choosing this type of learning format. Previous graduates of the CELTA course have enjoyed:
- Accessible learning from your home, anywhere in the world.
- Reduction in accommodation and travel costs.
- A Cambridge Assessment English approved online course.
- Experienced trainers qualified in online teaching.
- The same qualifications students receive when completing the face-to-face CELTA course.
Begin your career as an English teacher with Teaching House today
If you’ve been searching for flexible CELTA courses online, then choose Teaching House to begin your teaching journey. As one of the most highly regarded and internationally recognised TEFL certification organisations in the world, we are committed to helping you reach your goals. Sign up to begin your CELTA certificate online course today, and a whole world of opportunities will come your way. In addition to our CELTA online course, we also offer a TEFL certification course and a CELTA course at a number of different locations across the world.
If you’re still unsure which course is right for you or you need additional details on how we run our CELTA course online, one of our experienced Teaching House consultants would be more than happy to assist you today. To read up on graduate testimonials, industry insights and tips, be sure to check out our Nomads Blog for more information.
Why do the CELTA?
You’re going to embark on a journey into a new career and whether you go on to teach for 9 months or 9 years, you’ll enjoy the experience so much more if you know what you’re doing.
This is exactly what the CELTA will do for you; it will give you the confidence, experience and know-how to teach good, effective lessons, which means both you and your students will enjoy them.
In this regard, the CELTA course stands out head and shoulders above other TESOL courses:
- The CELTA is strictly regulated by Cambridge University, who ensures the course tutors, the curriculum and the center adhere to its high quality standards. You can trust the quality of any Cambridge University CELTA course.
- CELTA teacher trainers are the best in the field of TESOL: they have years of teaching experience and have trained extensively to become a CELTA teacher trainer. Cambridge University prides itself on the quality of their approved trainers.
- On the CELTA course, no trainer is responsible for more than 6 trainees at any time. Therefore you always receive the individual attention and detailed feedback you need to learn and progress quickly as a teacher.
- Due to the value given to Cambridge University within the TESOL industry, and the role CELTA has had in training teachers for over four decades, no other course is as highly respected as the CELTA program nor will open as many teaching opportunities.
As you research online and learn about the exciting opportunities that await you, you’re probably feeling a little nervous. You’re ready to go out in the world and teach, but you’re not quite sure what to expect. Maybe you’re questioning if you have what it takes to do your job well.
Let us put your mind at ease. Here is what the CELTA course will do for you:
- Provide you with the ability to take on teaching challenges with confidence
- Train you with the skills and knowledge of TESOL fundamentals
- Give you the hands-on experience of working with real language learners so you leave the course with teaching experience not just TESOL theory.
- Help you find the best employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits
When you finish your CELTA course, you won’t just have a prestigious certificate to show for it (though you most definitely will have a prestigious certificate). You’ll have the confidence and the experience to handle any classroom situation and you’ll have the tools to continue developing your skills. Whether you go on to teach business professionals, undergrads, adults or children, you will earn the respect of your students through your abilities as a teacher.
And the most rewarding part of the CELTA course is knowing that all the hard work you put into the most respected and rigorous TESOL course in the world has resulted in smiling students who are motivated and inspired to work hard in your lessons, in positive feedback from your school director and having the confidence to walk into any classroom in any country and teach a great lesson.
CELTA Course Fees
CELTA 2022 Course Fees:
The cost of the online CELTA program is $2,785 USD/£1,365 GBP and is due five weeks before the course starts. You can pay in installments, as long as the full course fee is received at least ten business days in advance of the course start date.
The cost is the same for the full-time and part-time online CELTA course.
This cost includes a $200 USD/£100 GBP enrolment deposit that will secure your place on the course of your choice. Your remaining course fee is due 5 weeks before your course begins.
Certificate shipping may incur an additional fee. (Domestic shipping to the USA is included in the US course fee)
The cost of the face-to-face CELTA program, inclusive of tuition, Cambridge fee, registration fee and all applicable taxes, is as follows:
- New York City: $2,845 USD*
- Miami: $2,845 USD
- Boston: $2,845 USD
- Toronto: $2,495 CAD
- London: £1,275 GBP
- Oxford: £1,275 GBP
This fee does not include accommodation.
This cost includes a $200 USD/$200 CAD / £100 GBP enrolment deposit that will secure your place on the course of your choice. Your remaining course fee is due 5 weeks before your course begins.
*New York candidates must pay a state-mandated $100 non-refundable registration fee in lieu of the enrolment deposit.
Certificate shipping may incur an additional fee. (Domestic shipping to the USA is included in the US course fee)
Take advantage of our earlybird promotion and confirm your enrolment early to receive a discount on your course fees.
UK - online and face-to-face
Confirm your enrolment three weeks before your course commences and receive a £100 discount off your course fees.
USA online only
Confirm your enrolment five weeks before your course commences and receive a $400 discount off your course fees.
CELTA candidates are required to pay a non-refundable $200/£100 enrolment fee. This deposit is paid after the CELTA candidate has completed the application process, interviewed with one of our tutors, and has been accepted onto the course. Once payment of the enrolment fee has been made, we confirm a place on the course of your choice, subject to places still being available.
No application fee:
There is no fee to apply for the Teaching House CELTA, and applicants are in no way committed to taking the course after submitting an application. Because places are limited on our CELTA courses (the maximum ratio of trainees to teacher trainers is 6:1), it is advisable to apply for a place as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Books and materials:
CELTA Trainees can choose to buy a methodology book and grammar book, but these are not required (information on these books will be provided during the application process). This is completely optional, and we have copies of these books available at all of our face-to-face centers.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us here. We are here to help.
Upcoming Course Dates - CELTA Online
Online Course Times
In order to best serve our community we have scheduled our online classes across three major time zones. These classes run across three time zones to serve:
- The East Coast USA/Canada: Eastern Standard Time/Eastern Daylight Time
- The West Coast USA/Canada: Pacific Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Time
- The United Kingdom and Europe: GMT + 0/British Summer Time
2022 - 2023 CELTA Course Dates:
All our 2022 online Celta course dates run simultaneously in all three time zones. Simply indicate your time zone of preference in the application form and you will be enrolled in the cohort of your desired time zone.
Full Time CELTA Course (2022)
- October 24th - November 18th, 2022
- November 21st - December 16th (UK), 2022
- November 21st - December 20th (USA), 2022
Full Time CELTA Course (2023)
- January 9th - February 3rd, 2023
- February 6th - March 3rd, 2023
- March 20th - April 14th, 2023
- April 17th - May 12th, 2023
- May 22nd - June 16th, 2023
- July 17th - August 11th, 2023
- August 21st - September 15th, 2023
- September 18th - October 13th, 2023
- October 23rd - November 17th, 2023
- November 20th - December 15th (UK), 2023
- November 20th - December 19th (USA), 2023
Part Time CELTA Course(2022)
- September 30th - December 13th, 2022 (USA)
- September 30th - December 7th, 2022 (UK)
Part Time CELTA Course (2023)
- January 6th - March 16th, 2023
- March 17th - May 25th, 2023
- June 2nd - August 10th, 2023
- July 21st - September 28th, 2023
- October 6th - December 19th (USA), 2023
- October 6th - December 13th (UK), 2023
What platform will the online CELTA be using and what are the system requirements? "
The course will be conducted using a combination of Zoom and a online learning platform. Zoom is a free program that can be downloaded to your computer and works with most operating systems. The following provides a summary of the basic requirements. Visit Zoom for more information and to set up an account.
An internet connection:
Broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down). Check your Internet bandwidth using Speedtest here (Links to an external site.).
A microphone – built-in to your computer or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth. Built-in headset jack from laptop or desktop. Even if your laptop or desktop has speakers, you must plug in a headset so that the sound from the speakers does not cause an echo in the Zoom meeting. Any headset with a 3.5mm plug will plug in. Higher Quality USB Microphone is recommended
A webcam - one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
Supported Operating Systems:
Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later, Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista with SP1 or later, Windows XP with SP3 or later
Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+, Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome, Linux: Firefox, Chrome
What is the schedule for the full time 4 week online CELTA course?
The following provides an expected schedule for the 100% online 4 week CELTA program. Subject to change.
What is the schedule for the part time 10 week online CELTA course?