- New to TEFL?
- TEFL Lifestyle
- TEFL CERTIFICATION
- Course Locations
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Affiliate Locations
- Jobs Center
- About Us
- Contact US
- Enroll Today
- North America
The CELTA Course
THE CELTA COURSE – THE BEST TEFL COURSE IN THE WORLD
Want a job that’s fun and rewarding with unlimited opportunities for travel, learning about different languages and cultures and working with people from all over the world? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
And if you do your research, you’ll notice that among all the certification programs to be an English teacher, the one name that keeps coming up again and again is the CELTA. There is a reason for this; the CELTA, run by Cambridge University, is the gold standard of TESOL programs. And employers around the world are looking to recruit teachers who have the CELTA.
WHAT IS THE CELTA?
Whether you are looking to teach abroad or in the United States, the CELTA is the most widely known and highly respected training program for anyone who wants to teach English. Here are some important facts you need to know about the CELTA teacher training program:
- The CELTA program is administered by Cambridge University, one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
- CELTA stands for ‘Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages’
- CELTA is the original TESOL/TEFL certificate course and has been running for four decades.
- It is the most internationally recognized TESOL training program in the world.
- It is the most highly regarded certification by employers in the U.S. and abroad and will help you land a teaching job in almost any location worldwide.
- The CELTA course is a hands-on practical course based around real classroom teaching experience working with genuine English language learners. You not only learn about ESOL teaching methods, but you practice what you learn in a real-life classroom with guidance and feedback from your teacher trainer.
WHY DO THE CELTA?
You’re going to embark on a journey into a new career and whether you go on to teach for 9 months or 9 years, you’ll enjoy the experience so much more if you know what you’re doing.
This is exactly what the CELTA will do for you; it will give you the confidence, experience and know-how to teach good, effective lessons, which means both you and your students will enjoy them.
In this regard, the CELTA course stands out head and shoulders above other TESOL courses:
- The CELTA is strictly regulated by Cambridge University, who ensures the course tutors, the curriculum and the center adhere to its high quality standards. You can trust the quality of any Cambridge University CELTA course.
- CELTA teacher trainers are the best in the field of TESOL: they have years of teaching experience and have trained extensively to become a CELTA teacher trainer. Cambridge University prides itself on the quality of their approved trainers.
- On the CELTA course, no trainer is responsible for more than 6 trainees at any time. Therefore you always receive the individual attention and detailed feedback you need to learn and progress quickly as a teacher.
- Due to the value given to Cambridge University within the TESOL industry, and the role CELTA has had in training teachers for over four decades, no other course is as highly respected as the CELTA program nor will open as many teaching opportunities.
As you research online and learn about the exciting opportunities that await you, you’re probably feeling a little nervous. You’re ready to go out in the world and teach, but you’re not quite sure what to expect. Maybe you’re questioning if you have what it takes to do your job well.
Let us put your mind at ease. Here is what the CELTA course will do for you:
- Provide you with the ability to take on teaching challenges with confidence
- Train you with the skills and knowledge of TESOL fundamentals
- Give you the hands-on experience of working with real language learners so you leave the course with teaching experience not just TESOL theory.
- Help you find the best employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits
When you finish your CELTA course, you won’t just have a prestigious certificate to show for it (though you most definitely will have a prestigious certificate). You’ll have the confidence and the experience to handle any classroom situation and you’ll have the tools to continue developing your skills. Whether you go on to teach business professionals, undergrads, adults or children, you will earn the respect of your students through your abilities as a teacher. And the most rewarding part of the CELTA course is knowing that all the hard work you put into the most respected and rigorous TESOL course in the world has resulted in smiling students who are motivated and inspired to work hard in your lessons, in positive feedback from your school director and having the confidence to walk into any classroom in any country and teach a great lesson.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP: APPLY TODAY
Armed with your CELTA certificate and a passion for adventure, you have a lifetime of adventure ahead of you. We invite you to learn more by reading about the real classroom experience, finding a course location that works best for you or applying online today.