CELTA Cape Town
Teaching House Cape Town
Cape Town is the unofficial capital of South Africa, fondly referred to as the “Mother City”. It boasts the most beautiful setting of mountain-meets-ocean where the famous Table Mountain watches over the magnificent local beaches known for their international standards.
The uniquely Capetonian culture resonates through the day to day life where a visit to the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront or a stroll along the celebrated Long Street showcases the vibrant nature of this spectacular city.
Teaching House Cape Town is located in the heart of Sea Point, so students can enjoy proximity to a number of exciting attractions.
- Sea Point is situated between Signal Hill and the Atlantic Ocean, a few kilometres to the west of Cape Town’s Central Business District (CBD). Moving from Sea Point to the CBD, one first passes through the small suburb of Three Anchor Bay, then Green Point and seaward from Green Point is the area known as Mouille Point (pronounced MOO-lee), where the local lighthouse is situated.
- Sea Point is divided by Main Road and enjoys a bustling 24-hour cosmopolitan vibe with its many shops, takeaways, restaurants, clubs, internet cafes and coffee bars. Just about everything you need is found in this part of the city and it hums with activity. CELTA accommodation is also within walking distance from the above hustle and bustle.
- The famous Sea Point promenade runs the length of Sea Point’s beachfront, from Mouille Point to Bantry Bay and is also a hub of activity, particularly in the early morning or late afternoons. A number of children’s parks run along- side the promenade and Sea Point beach adjoins an Olympic-sized seawater swimming pool at the Pavilion.
- From Bantry Bay along the promenade you reach the trendy and there-to-be-seen beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay.
- The Green Point Stadium in Cape Town has been transformed into a completely new 70-000 seater, all- weather, multi-purpose, environmentally sustainable, modern, technologically advanced, world-class stadium giving expression to the “African Renaissance Stadium” at the juncture between Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean at the southern tip of Africa.
Sample Course Schedule & Fees
All Capetown CELTA courses (full-time, part-time, and semi-intensive) cost a total of $1,400 USD.
Because places are limited on the Teaching House CELTA (the maximum ratio of trainees to teacher trainers is 6:1), it is advisable to apply for a place early.
CELTA Trainees are advised to buy a methodology book and grammar book (see Recommended Books on the CELTA Course page). Apart from this, there are no other costs during the Teaching House Cambridge CELTA course.
Please contact us for additional financing information and options at 1.800.756.2003
What are the accomodation options?
This choice of accommodation is perfect for students wanting to experience the South Arica culture while studying for their CELTA. Students are accommodated in a comfortable room, either on their own, or sharing with a friend. Our students are carefully matched with a family, which is why we ask for our students to send us as much information about themselves as possible.· Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
· Standard-sized bed, with a weekly change of bed linen
· Wardrobe Space
· Work / study area
· House Keys
Laundry can be arranged between students and families. However, launderettes are available in the area.
Within close walking distance to the school, and only 50 meters from the beach, the hotel also includes access to the Mojo market including a rooftop terrace. There are a variety of rooms available, from spacious self-catering studios to more compact "crash pads"