- New to TEFL?
- TEFL Lifestyle
- TEFL CERTIFICATION
- Course Locations
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Affiliate Locations
- Jobs Center
- About Us
- Contact US
- Enroll Today
- North America
The Enrollment Process
The Teaching House CELTA enrollment process is designed with three aims in mind:
- To provide the applicant with a clear idea of what the CELTA course is, what to expect to get from it and what is required to succeed.
- To ensure that once an applicant has been accepted, they have a very high chance of successfully completing the course.
- To ensure those who are accepted have a high probability of qualifying for and attaining ESL teaching work in the country or city of their choice.
- An applicant must have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education.
- An applicant must be over the age of 18.
- An applicant must have a standard of English which will enable them to teach at a range of levels, equivalent to a high C1 level on the CEFR.
THE PROCESS FOR enrolling:
- All interested trainees must complete the application form. There is NO application fee. If you are not able to successfully complete the online application form, you can request an application via email (as a word document). To ensure that you receive our emails promptly, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Allowed Emails list.
- After reviewing your application, a member of our enrollment team will follow up by email and send you an assignment called the Pre-Interview Task. This task is a series of language and teaching activities designed to give trainees an idea of what the course (and teaching English!) is all about.
- Once we have received your Pre-Interview Task, we will schedule a time for an interview that is convenient for you. Most interviews are conducted via telephone but in-person interviews are available at our New York, Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, London and Toronto locations.
- The interview is a chance for you to speak to an experienced CELTA trainer. The trainer will discuss your work from the Pre-Interview Task to gain a better understanding of your potential for English Language Teaching. The interview also provides an opportunity to speak with an enrollment advisor about the enrollment process and payment options.
- After acceptance, you must pay a $200 enrollment deposit to confirm your place on the course of your choice (subject to availability—given on a first-come, first-served basis).
- The remainder of your course fee (less the enrollment deposit) is due no later than four weeks before the beginning of the course. (Please see: Course Fees for more details)
Feel free to contact us for more information!